Implant Restorations are Designed like Natural Teeth to Complete Your Smile
Tooth loss can have devastating effects on your oral health. These problems extend beyond your mouth and affect your social life. Your self-confidence, chewing ability, and appearance take a hit when you lose teeth. Worse yet, if treatment isn’t sought soon, you invite other oral problems, including bite misalignment and bone loss.
Luckily, you don’t have to live with a “gappy” smile. Dental implants from Carolinas BioHealth Dentistry are designed to mimic your natural teeth. Since an implant post acts like your natural tooth root, implant-based restorations feel, look, and perform like natural teeth.
What to expect from the dental implant treatment
Our dental implant solutions include single tooth, full mouth, implant bridges, and implant-supported dentures. Dr. Tyler Wynne offers a simplified dental implant process to ensure you get the smile you deserve. The process starts with a consultation to evaluate your dental health. We also rely on digital films and dental scans to establish if you have sufficient jawbone to support an implant.
Patients given the nod for dental implants enjoy an easy and streamlined process in our practice. Your dental implant treatment procedure involves:
- Implant surgery: After numbing your gums, a biocompatible titanium or zirconia implant is surgically inserted at a precise location in your jawbone. Then the surgical site is sutured and a healing cap is placed to kick start the healing process.
- Healing: Healing takes about 3-6 months, during which the jawbone grows around the implant post through osseointegration. Once fusion occurs, your implant post becomes just as stable as your natural tooth root.
- Abutment and dental restoration impression: After healing, we take an impression of the gum area around the implant to allow for fabrication of the abutment and restoration. An abutment connects the implant to the crown or any other tooth restoration.
- Dental restoration: The final procedure is restoring your tooth with a natural-looking denture, crown, or bridge.
Once everything falls in place, no one can tell your implant is a tooth replacement. It functions and looks just like the rest of your teeth.
Benefits of dental implants
After replacing your missing teeth with dental implants, you enjoy numerous benefits, including:
- Easy maintenance
- Natural-looking appearance
- Preservation of bone health
- Better appearance
- Renewed self-confidence
- Restored chewing and speaking ability
- Preserves the stability of nearby teeth
Are you ready to take back your smile? Don’t let missing teeth stand in the way of your dream smile. If you are a resident of the Piedmont Triad and surrounding areas as well as anyone seeking outstanding holistic dental care, please call (336) 793-0577 and schedule an appointment with Carolinas BioHealth Dentistry for high-quality dental implants.